Monday, August 23, 2010

first few days

wow where to begin...
my first night  here i was thrown a party which i had mixed feelings about. i was emotional and exhausted and i didnt understand anyone but it was nice to meet people and kinda make friends. then i really made friends because we went out dancing til 5am. okay thats when you know these people are crazy haha. mery's friends are helping me learn a lot of spanish and they are very patient with me. they speak slow and repeat themselves and even when i dont use the right verb the correct me sometimes but most of the time they get what im saying so they dont really mess with it ha.

i slept til 3pm woke up and was homesick again. i put my clothes in the closet and that made me really sad, it kinda made this my official home if you will and i dont know if i am ready to quite dive into that fully yet. then we walked around the entire town and i saw many sights and things and took lots of pictures. i will put the captions on the pictures later i was too tired to do it last night. this place is gorgeous all the people are crazy drivers but are very nice. mery taught me how to make mate last night which is pretty much all i drink right nwo because i love mate and so does my family. i learned how to make it at 4am haha. then we went to bed at 5 becasue mery and i just talked down stairs for forever, then we had to wake up at 10 to go to the correo (post office) so i could send my first two letters to my family and my boyfriend. with buying stamps and sending two letters it cost a total of 80 pesos! you all are so expensive haha.

then i was very tired but i wasnt allowed to sleep because i had to go with my mama carmen to my school with my rotary counsler juan to talk to the head of the school about me going. i start in a week and my mama wants me to study and get good grades but for the next two months i doubt that will happen haha. my brain hurts with all my spanish being crammed into it.

i like that they are keeping me busy even though they think we arent doing anything but at the same time i feel like i need a few days jsut to kinda watch and learn and sit and read and write and hang out and just kinda observe the life. i jumped into it so fast my brain is having a nervous break down every few hours.

i told my host mom not to be offended when i cry, because apparently a lot of people think when you are crying on exchange its because you dont like them or their house or whatever so i told her that wasnt the case but i dont know how to say i am home sick or i miss my mom and dad or my boyfriend or my sisters or my friends or whatever. so i just kinda nod and smile and cry whenever i feel like it because my sisters said that is the best way.

i have talked to a lot of the other exchange kids that are in other countries that i know from back home and its nice to hear that they are feeling the same or if they have advice or whatever. its nice to have friends from all over the sectrum i suppose. so i guess to sum it all up the words would be chaos, overwhelming, awesome, stressful, depressing, fabulous, and new. and it feels likei have been here for weeks not 3 days by the way, thats how tired my brain is ha.

i miss you all and love you lots! feel free to email me or add me on face book
aubrey@hethnet.com
or Aubrey Rose Heth on facebook
if you comment my posts i read them but i am not going to write back ha sorry but i like reading all of them so please dont stop!!

besitos
aubrey rose

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aubs, glad to see Mama Carmen is pushing you to do well in school - a mother after my own heart! : )

    You are so lucky to have Mery still there to help you around. And lucky to have such a wonderful family to start your adventure. We've heard horror stories about lousy host families, glad you don't have one.

    Give yourself time to be sad, but then you need to start living down there okay? Chris and your family miss you but we all want you have have a wonderful adventure, okay?

    That's my two cents worth of advice for the day. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete