Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 10, 2011

Well i dont even know where to begin. I apologize for taking so long to write here, i was living in the middle of no where and internet was not that goo. also you all know i dont enjoy writing on here that much haha. i put up all the pictures from the holidays until now on picasa so you all can see the pictures of my second home and things.

So my mom told me you all are asking about my families and things, so i will give kinda a summery of how all that is going and/or went. My first family you all know about because i wrote about them a lot when i first got here. I havent seen them much since i changed my house only because i was so far from town and when i came back i wanted to spend all my time with my friends, you know? But i mean i had a great time with my first family, i love them they were amazing. My second family was my favorite, i had to spend my entire summer break in the middle of the country with horses, lots of other animals, a pool :), and lots of space. at first i was really upset that i had to live so far away from my friends and from the town for all of my summer, but i quickly adapted, and became super happy. being away from the city helps you bond with the people you are living with because it forces you to spend time with them all the time. I had a dad a mom and a sister. The family had another daughter who was a year older then my sister Andrea who is now 22. when she was 15 and her sister Gisela was 16, the sister died. So you can imagine it was very hard for them to take me in, because they used to be 4, lost one, got used to being a team of 3, and then i came along. but they were nothing but amazing. i was able to talk to them about anything, my sister andrea was like a best friend and a sister to me, and i was very fortunate. i spent all my summer with them, and my friends could tell i was very happy living there. i missed a lot of memories with my friends, but the relationship i have with my second family was worth it. I am now living in my third family, its been a week and one day. I have a brother for the first time in my life, well actually i have 3. there are 5 kids, the mom and the dad. my brother who lives here is 16 and goes to school with almost all my good girlfriends. his name is pedro, then there is esteban who works in a farmacy like my mom maria delia, my dad is a lawyer, my other brother is studying in buenos aires, my sister coty runs a store that sells kids clothes, and my other sister maria lives in chile and is an english translator haha. bummer that i dont think i will ever get to meet her. since i have only been here a week, its too  soon to tell exactly how this family will be. because they are so used to just having pedro in the house for such a long time, it is a little different. we are still getting to know eachother and since they work all day and i have school in the morning, we dont have time like i had in the country to get to know eachother super fast. i am really happy in the hosue they are amazing people and i get along really well wiht my brother, who happens to have a lot of friends my age or older so that helps ha. i still have my group and he has his, but now it is like i have two, his and mine. because when i am not with my friends i am with his haha. but i mean i am really lucky that i got put in 3 good famlies, completely different from one another. it really helps the experience i think. but the family that i formed here with my friends is the most important one i have. through the good times and the bad, they are always there. they help me get through everything, they are always there to hug me, talk to me, whatever i need, they are there. they are the best family i have here, and i hope some day you all can meet them, becuase i honestly cant believe that i have such amazing luck that out of all the provinces in argentina, i am in the province of buenos aires, and out of all the cities in buenos aires, i am in chivilcoy, and out of all the groups in chivilcoy, i am in the group that i am in. i am 200% happy here its amazing.

so i started back up in school on wednesday, and i am telling you that it is the hardest part of being here. because my teachers dont understand i have been speaking the language for 6 months, and well for only about 2, and all of my class mates have been speaking it for like 17 years. so i mean you can imagine how hard it is. today i had a class called molecular biology, yeah imagine that, then imagine it in spanish. needless to say i am stressing out and hoping that everything turns out ok. i think it will, i will study a lot and everything but we will see how it all goes. i plan on coming to college here to study pediatric medicine in buenos aires. the university is called La UBA, and it is well known all over the world especially for studying medicine. are you all ready for the best part? its free. yeah free. like free free. and you wonder, why wouldnt everyone in the world go to this amazing free place? because here in argentina people dont like to study, so i am going to take advantage of the opportunity that they arent using haha :)

Lets see what else. I am really really happy here. My rotary doesnt really do anything because they suck but whatever i am still happy haha. I am trying to be positive with everything because that is what this year is about. sometimes i cant even believe it that i can speak in another language fluently as of 6 months. like its one of those things where you cant even process the things that happen to you in a year sometimes, they things i have learned this year amazes me. i have learned so much about myself, about the world, and about people. i honestly think if you ever have the opportunity to do an exchange you should do it.

I am sure i am forgetting a million and a half things but i never know what to write here, please send my mom or me an email and i will write here what you all want to know, make sure to check out the pictures they are the best pictures ever because they are full of love and happiness. i think they really show what i am doing here and how amazing it is here. please feel free to write anytime i know you all have my email address, if not, write my mom, she loves bothering me all the time with questions and things ;) haha

i miss you all, thank you all so much for the support and love through this year, you are all amazing
i love you all

Aubrey

1 comment: